As convenient as it is to purchase products on Amazon, sometimes things don’t work out—after all, we’re only human! We may order the wrong size or item by mistake, or maybe the product didn’t perform up to our standards. While making a return can seem like a hassle at first glance, Amazon makes it surprisingly simple and stress-free (once you know how). In this guide, I’ll show you exactly step-by-step how to request a refund on Amazon so that you don’t have any more nerve-wracking encounters with the ‘Return an Item’ page. Let’s get started!
Amazon’s Refund Policy
Before you start the refund process on Amazon, it’s important to understand their return policy. Fortunately, Amazon has a generous returns policy that allows customers to request a full or partial refund within 30 days of receiving an order—as long as it meets specific criteria. The most common items that are eligible for refunds include items that were damaged during shipment, different from what was described in the listing, and/or defective. Additionally, there is also a 1-year warranty on most products purchased directly from Amazon.
Requesting a Refund Directly From Amazon
When you’re ready to request your refund, here’s how you do it:
1. Go to Your Orders page by clicking on “Your Account” in the top right corner of Amazon’s home page.
2. Find the order you want to return and click on “Return or Replace Items”
3. Select the item you would like to return – be sure to explain why.
4. Choose your preferred return option – either a full refund, partial refund, replacement, or exchange—and then click “Submit Return Request.”
5. Amazon will send you a notification when your request is approved and the refund has been issued!
Requesting a Refund From Third-Party Sellers
In some cases, you may find that the item you purchased was sold by a third-party seller rather than directly from Amazon itself. If this is the case, you will need to follow a different set of steps to request your refund. Here’s what to do:
1. Go to Your Orders page, and find the order containing the item you would like to return.
2. Click on “Contact Seller” right next to the product name.
3. In your message, explain why you would like to request a refund and include any relevant information such as photos or an explanation of the issue.
4. Wait for the seller’s response – they should provide instructions on how to proceed with returning your order if they approve of the refund request!
5. Once they receive your returned item, they should process your refund promptly!
What are different ways of returning amazon packages?
If you need to return an item purchased from Amazon there are several ways you can do so.
- You can return the item directly to Amazon for a refund or exchange, send it back using the pre-paid shipping label provided by Amazon, take it to a UPS or USPS location for drop-off, or schedule a free pickup from UPS or USPS.
- You can also opt for Amazon Lockers, which are self-service kiosks located at select facilities where you can drop off your items for return or exchange. Additionally, Amazon may offer free returns for certain items purchased from their store.
- Another convienent way to return Amazon packages is by using the free drop-off option at Kohl’s stores. Note that not all items purchased from Amazon are eligible for Kohl’s drop off, so be sure to check your Amazon account for eligibility before you head over to your Local Kohl’s store.
In what cases does Amazon not accept returns?
Amazon generally only accepts returns if the product is unopened and in its original condition within 30 days of delivery. In some cases, Amazon may accept returns beyond the 30-day return window depending on the type of product or other factors.
Amazon does not accept returns for certain items including gift cards, digital content (e.g. movies and music), downloadable software products, and any items marked as non-returnable on its website. Additionally, Amazon may refuse to accept a return if the item has been used or damaged in any way, or if it is missing parts. Please be sure to check the Return & Refunds page in Your Orders for more information on what is eligible for return before you make a purchase.
How Does an Order Qualify for a Late-Delivery Refund?
In the event that your order arrives late, Amazon may be able to issue a refund for part of your shipping costs. To qualify for this, your order must arrive after the estimated delivery date set by Amazon and you must contact customer service within 30 days of the original purchase date. For more information on how to do this, please visit Amazon’s help page on Late Deliveries.