Have you ever gotten an Amazon gift card you didn’t want or need? Or maybe you’ve gotten one that you can’t use because the amount is just too small? If so, you may be wondering how to cancel an Amazon gift card.
It’s actually quite simple, but there are a few steps to follow. Don’t worry—we’re here to help. In this article, we’ll provide step-by-step instructions for canceling your Amazon gift card. No matter what the reason for canceling your card, these instructions will help you do it quickly and easily. Let’s get started!
- What Are Amazon Gift Cards?
- How Do I Cancel an Amazon Gift Card?
- Can I Return an Amazon Gift Card?
- How Long Does It Take to Receive a Refund for an Amazon Gift Card Cancelation?
- Can I Cancel an Amazon Gift Card After Purchase?
- Tips to Remember When Canceling an Amazon Gift Card
What Are Amazon Gift Cards?
Amazon gift cards are vouchers that allow you to purchase items from Amazon, from books, movies and music to electronics, toys and games. They can be purchased in a variety of denominations, ranging from $10 to $1,000, and are available both online and at popular retailers throughout the US.
When you buy an Amazon gift card, all you have to do is enter the code printed on the card during checkout. The amount on the card is instantly applied to your order, making it an easy way to pay for items without entering in payment information every time.
But if you’ve ever tried to cancel an Amazon gift card before it’s been used or if you’ve had one that was refunded or wasn’t used at all, you know that it can be tricky. Fortunately, we’ll walk you through step-by-step how to cancel Amazon gift cards so that the funds can be returned to your account.
How Do I Cancel an Amazon Gift Card?
Are you looking to cancel an Amazon gift card? Here’s how to do it in a few easy steps.
First, sign in to your Amazon account and navigate to the Gift Cards page. From here, you’ll be able to view your active Gift Card balance and history of purchases. Select the Gift Card you’d like to cancel and click on Cancel Gift Card.
Next, enter the confirmation code for the card you’d like to cancel and then click Confirm Cancelation. Amazon will then prompt you with a request for additional information regarding why you’re canceling the card. After completing this step, click Cancel Gift Card again and your card will be officially canceled!
You may also contact Customer Service if you have any further questions or need help with canceling your Amazon gift card.
Can I Return an Amazon Gift Card?
Yes, you can return an Amazon gift card. But first things first—you need to cancel it. We know this might sound counterintuitive, but it’s the only way you’ll get your money back.
Canceling Amazon gift cards only takes a few simple steps:
- Log in to your Amazon account and click on the “Your Account” link.
- Click on the “Gift Cards & Registry” option at the top of the page and select “Manage Gift Card Balance” from the dropdown menu.
- Locate the gift card you wish to cancel and click on it to view its details.
- Click on the “Cancel Gift Card” button and follow the prompts to complete your request.
- You should receive an email confirmation that your cancelation was successful and that any remaining balance has been returned to you in accordance with Amazon’s Gift Card Terms & Conditions page for refunds or returns of unused gift cards, which can be found here.
So if you want to get your money back for an Amazon Gift Card, make sure you cancel it first so you can take advantage of this awesome refund policy!
How Long Does It Take to Receive a Refund for an Amazon Gift Card Cancelation?
You might be wondering how long it takes to receive a refund for an Amazon gift card cancelation. The good news is, the process should be pretty quick. Once you’ve canceled your gift card and entered your bank information, you should receive the refund within 1-2 business days.
However, it’s important to remember that this process can vary depending on the type of payment you’ve used. For example, if you used a credit or debit card to purchase your gift card, the refund will go back to that same card. And that means it will depend on your credit or debit card processor’s policies on how long it takes for them to issue the refund too.
It’s also important to note that if you purchased a physical Amazon Gift Card, you’ll need to return it before you can get your refund. So make sure to do that as soon as possible in order to speed up the process!
Can I Cancel an Amazon Gift Card After Purchase?
Yes, you can cancel an Amazon gift card after purchase. Here’s how:
Step 1: Log into Your Amazon Account
The first step is to log into your Amazon account. Once you are signed in, select “Gift Cards” from the “Your Account” page. This will open up a page with all of the gift cards that you have purchased.
Step 2: Find the Gift Card You Want to Cancel
Now that you are on the “Gift Cards” page, find the gift card that you would like to cancel and click on it. This will open up a page with all of the details about the gift card, such as its balance and expiration date.
Step 3: Request a Refund
Finally, scroll to the bottom of the page and click on “Request Refund”. This will open up a form where you can enter further information about why you would like to cancel the gift card and request a refund. Once you have filled out this form, click “Submit Refund Request” to complete the process.
And that’s it—you’ve just successfully canceled an Amazon gift card!
Tips to Remember When Canceling an Amazon Gift Card
When you’re ready to cancel an Amazon gift card, follow these tips to make sure it’s done correctly:
- Double-check the details: First, double-check the recipient name and amount of the gift card. It’s important that these details are correct so that you can be sure the right person is getting refunds for any unused balance.
- Check for expiration dates: It’s a good idea to check for expiration dates as well as any other restrictions which may have been put on the gift card before you attempt to cancel it. If a gift card has expired, you won’t be able to get your money back.
- Cancelation policies: Be familiar with Amazon’s cancelation policies so you know what happens when an Amazon gift card is canceled and how long it takes for refunds to be processed.
- Get in touch with customer service: If you still have questions related to your Amazon Gift Card cancelation, reach out to customer service and they’ll be able to help you with this process or answer any questions you may have.
Do you have a few questions about canceling your Amazon gift card? Not to worry—you’re not alone! Here are some of the most common FAQs about canceling Amazon gift cards.
Unfortunately, once an Amazon gift card has been redeemed, there’s no way to get a refund. The best thing to do is make sure you only redeem the cards you’re sure you want to use.
To check if your gift card has been canceled, simply log into your Amazon account and go to the Gift Card Balance page. If the balance is $0, it means the card has been successfully canceled.
No, there are no fees when canceling an Amazon gift card. However, if you choose to cancel an unused gift card and request a refund from the original purchaser, they may still be charged for the purchase price of the gift card.
Canceling an Amazon gift card is a relatively simple process that can be done in a few simple steps. Although it might seem like a hassle, it’s important to follow the steps so that you aren’t left with a gift card that can’t be used.
Canceling an Amazon gift card is a great way to make sure that you get the most out of your money and won’t have any leftover cards taking up space in your wallet. By following the instructions given in this article, you can be sure to avoid any potential headaches associated with not being able to use a gift card.