Are you ready to break up with Kindle Unlimited? We get it—sometimes commitments don’t work out, and that’s okay. But before you two part ways for good, it’s important that you know exactly how to cancel your Amazon Kindle Unlimited subscription.
Amazon can be a bit tricky when it comes to canceling subscriptions, so we’ve done the research for you and created this guide on how to properly cancel your Kindle Unlimited subscription. We’ll walk you through the steps below, so you can make sure the process is smooth and easy. So let’s get started!
If you’re here reading this, you probably already know what Kindle Unlimited is. But for those who are unfamiliar, it’s a subscription service from Amazon that allows you to access over one million books, magazines, and audiobooks for a monthly fee.
With Kindle Unlimited, you can explore new genres or find your next big read without having to commit to buying an entire book. You get full access to the Kindle Store’s catalog of titles without needing to worry about shelf space or book storage. Plus, if you ever decide you don’t like a book after all, it’s easy to cancel it before you’re charged for the subscription.
How to Cancel Kindle Unlimited
Sure, you love your Kindle Unlimited subscription, but it may be time to move on. So if you’re looking to cancel Kindle Unlimited, this guide will walk you through the process step-by-step.
To cancel Kindle Unlimited, follow these steps:
- Log in to your Amazon Account and go to the Manage Your Content and Devices page.
- Select “Your Subscriptions” from the menu on the left side of the page.
- Under “Kindle Unlimited,” click ” Manage Membership.”
- On the next page, click “End membership.”
- Confirm that you’d like to cancel by selecting “End membership.”
And that’s it—you’ve successfully canceled your Kindle Unlimited subscription! If you have any questions or need assistance with this process, please don’t hesitate to reach out directly to Amazon Customer Service for help.
Automatic Renewals and Cancelations
If you’re signing up for Kindle Unlimited, one thing you should remember is that the service will automatically renew each month — unless you manually cancel it. So if you decide that Kindle Unlimited isn’t the right fit for you, here’s how to cancel:
How to Cancel on Desktop
- Log in to your Amazon account and open your “Manage Your Content and Devices” page.
- Click the “Your Subscription” tab, and then select “Manage Subscription”.
- On the left side menu under “Your Kindle Unlimited Membership”, select “Auto-Renewal” and choose “Off” from the dropdown menu.
- Finally, click “Turn Off” to turn off auto-renewal for your Kindle Unlimited subscription.
How to Cancel on Mobile App
- Launch the Amazon app and tap “Menu”.
- Select “Accounts & Lists” followed by “Your Account”, then scroll down and tap “Prime Membership & Settings”.
- Tap “Manage Prime Membership” and scroll down until you see “Kindle Unlimited” listed as an option.
- Tap on “Kindle Unlimited Settings”, then select “Auto Renewal” and choose “Off” from the dropdown menu in order to turn off auto-renewal for Kindle Unlimited subscription before canceling it completely.
Canceling on a Mobile Device
If you’re canceling on a mobile device, the process is slightly different. You’ll want to open up the Amazon App Store and log into your account. Then, follow these steps:
- Tap the menu at the top left of your screen
- Tap “Settings”
- Select “Manage Subscriptions”
- Choose Kindle Unlimited to cancel your subscription
- Confirm your cancelation by clicking “Continue to Cancel”
- Follow any additional directions that may appear on screen
- You will receive an email confirming your cancelation and any applicable refunds
Once you’ve canceled your Kindle Unlimited subscription on a mobile device, it’s no longer active, and you won’t be charged for any future payments unless you decide to subscribe again in the future.
Canceling on a Computer
If you’re using your computer to cancel your Kindle Unlimited subscription, here’s what you need to do.
- Go to Amazon’s website and log in with your account information.
- Click on the arrow next to “Account & Lists” in the menu bar at the top of the page and select “Your Subscriptions and Services.”
- On the Subscriptions page, find your Kindle Unlimited subscription in the list and click on “Manage Subscription.”
- You’ll be taken to a new page where you can choose to end your subscription immediately or delay it until it renewal date. Choose the option that works best for you and click “Continue”.
- Finally, confirm that you want to cancel and then click “Process cancelation”. That’s it—you’re done!
Canceling your Kindle Unlimited subscription on a computer is easy, but make sure that you double-check after canceling so that you don’t get charged for an additional month of service by mistake.
What Happens After You Cancel Kindle Unlimited?
So, what happens after you cancel your Kindle Unlimited subscription? Well, first of all, it’s important to know that any books you’ve borrowed through Kindle Unlimited will no longer be available to you once you’ve canceled. However, all the books you’ve purchased or downloaded for free remain in your library, so nothing is lost there.
The other thing to bear in mind is that once your subscription has been canceled, any pending charges on your Amazon account from Kindle Unlimited will be reversed. This includes any rental fees or overdue book penalties.
You will also be able to continue using Kindle Features such as X-Ray and Page Flip, as well as features like dictionary search and cloud backup. So you don’t have to worry about not being able to use these features after canceling your subscription.
Finally, it’s worth noting that if you choose to re-subscribe to Kindle Unlimited in the future, you’ll have access to your library again with all the books still there. So if you’re thinking of taking a break from reading for a while but don’t want to lose the books in your library, this could be one way around it!
Canceling your Kindle Unlimited subscription is easy, so don’t fret if it’s not the right fit for you. And if you’re in the market for other digital subscription services, there are many available, so you have plenty of options to choose from.
Regardless of which digital subscription or streaming service you choose, it’s important to stay up-to-date with the terms and conditions. That way, you can make sure you’re aware of any changes in pricing or cancelation policies, so that you’re in control and can make the most of any subscription service you sign up for.