If you’re here, then you’ve likely made the decision to cancel your subscription to Photoshop—but you’re not sure how. Don’t worry; it’s easy! We’ll walk you through exactly what to do in just a few easy steps.
Before we get started, it’s important to note that the process for canceling your subscription is slightly different depending on whether you use the Creative Cloud app or purchased Photoshop outright. Whether you use a web browser or the Creative Cloud app on your desktop, we have you covered.
In this article, we’ll provide details on how to cancel your Photoshop subscription from either interface. So let’s get started—it’s smooth sailing from here!
- Reasons to Cancel Your Subscription
- How to Submit a Cancelation Form or Ticket
- What to Expect After You Submit the Form
- Canceling From Your Creative Cloud Account
- Canceling From the Adobe Website Directly
- Finalizing the Cancelation Process
Reasons to Cancel Your Subscription
So, you’ve decided to cancel your Photoshop subscription. Maybe you’ve found a cheaper alternative, or maybe you just don’t need those features anymore. No matter your reason, it’s easy to cancel your subscription and there are a few benefits that come along with it.
The most obvious benefit is cost savings. Canceling your subscription can free up some extra funds for other things that you might need or want. In addition to saving money in the short term, you can also save money in the long term by avoiding any auto-renewals with Adobe’s Creative Cloud plans.
It can also be more convenient in some ways. Without the monthly commitment of a Photoshop subscription, you may save yourself time having to manage and renew it each month. It also means that you won’t run into any surprises when it comes time to budget since there will no longer be an unpredictable charge on your bank statement each month.
Finally, canceling your subscription removes the pressure of feeling like you have to use Photoshop or other Adobe products every month just to get “your money’s worth.” Now that the Financial commitment has been severed, you have the freedom to use whatever tools make sense for the project at hand – regardless of whether they are Adobe products or not.
How to Submit a Cancelation Form or Ticket
Canceling your Photoshop subscription is simple, albeit slightly different depending on your payment option. Here are the two main ways to submit a cancelation form:
For Credit Card Payment:
- Log into your Adobe account.
- Navigate to the Plans and Products section.
- Select the Plan you wish to cancel and then click Cancel Plan.
- Follow the instructions to confirm this action.
For PayPal Payments:
- Log into your PayPal account.
- Go to Settings, then Payments.
- Select Manage Automatic Payments, then select Adobe from the list of vendors.
- Click Manage and then Cancel or change next to the Subscription Details section.
- Follow the instructions to confirm this action.
Once you have submitted a cancelation form, you will receive an email confirmation within 48 hours with details of how long remaining access or license will last before it ceases completely.
What to Expect After You Submit the Form
Great, so you’ve completed and submitted the form for canceling your Photoshop subscription. Now what should you expect?
First off, Adobe will send a confirmation email to let you know that your request has been accepted. Once the cancelation request is processed, you’ll no longer have access to the software. It’s important to note that if you have an active subscription, Adobe will prorate any subscription fees depending on when it was canceled.
Also, keep in mind that after canceling your subscription, all of your associated files and subscriptions may be lost or deleted. So make sure to export any necessary data or files before canceling.
Adobe will also send a survey inviting feedback about why you chose to cancel your subscription and will ask whether there was anything they could do to prevent it. It’s up to you if you want to take the survey or not—both options are fine!
Canceling From Your Creative Cloud Account
Ready to cancel your Photoshop subscription? It’s easy to do from your Creative Cloud account. Just follow these steps:
- Log into your Creative Cloud Desktop app and click on the gear icon in the top right-hand corner.
- Select “Preferences.”
- Click the Services tab from the top of the window, and then select the plan you’d like to cancel.
- In the bottom right-hand corner of that same window, you’ll see a link that says “Cancel Plan.” Click it!
- You’ll be asked to choose a reason for canceling, so pick one and click “Next.”
- On this final page, you can provide any additional feedback about why you’re canceling before officially ending your subscription by clicking on “Cancel Plan.”
- And that’s it! Now you can rest assured that your plan will no longer be billed after this month is over.
Canceling From the Adobe Website Directly
If you want to cancel your Photoshop subscription, you can do so directly from the Adobe website. Here’s a quick guide on how to do it:
- Go to the Adobe Creative Cloud website and sign in by entering your username and password.
- Select Manage plan from the dropdown menu located next to your name at the top of the page
- Choose “Cancel Plan” on the left side of the page
- Click “Continue to Cancel” and then confirm your cancelation
- Provide feedback if you wish, then select “Done”
- Once completed, you will receive a confirmation message
That’s all there is to it! Canceling your Photoshop subscription through Adobe is surprisingly easy, considering that you’ll be free from an ongoing payment obligation after just a few clicks of the mouse.
Finalizing the Cancelation Process
The last step to cancel your Photoshop subscription is to finalize the process. You can do this by either selecting “Cancel Subscription” from the dropdown menu in your Account Settings, or by directly following the link in your email receipt. Whichever is more convenient for you!
Once the cancelation is complete, you’ll receive an email confirmation of your request. Keep this message handy just in case you need to provide proof of cancelation down the road.
In some cases, Adobe may also contact you and ask why you want to cancel. You don’t have to answer if you don’t want to, but if you feel comfortable doing so, it could provide helpful feedback for Adobe as they continue to refine their services in the future.
And that’s it! Just make sure you follow through on all of these steps and soon enough, you’ll be done with the cancelation process — no hassle required!
If you have additional questions about canceling your Photoshop subscription, here are some FAQs for you to consider:
What happens after I cancel my subscription?
Once you’ve successfully canceled your Photoshop subscription, you can no longer access features and services included with a paid subscription. However, the files created with the software during the active subscription period will still remain accessible—but an internet connection is required to use them.
How do I download my unpaid files after canceling?
You can download your unpaid files by signing in to your Adobe account and going to your product page. Select the version of Photoshop that is linked to your canceled subscription and then click Download.
Can I get a refund if I cancel mid-month?
Unfortunately, refunds cannot be issued after canceling a Photoshop subscription mid-month. Adobe will credit any unused days on the current month’s payment toward a future renewal of select Creative Cloud products or services. To make sure you are receiving the best value for what you pay for, check out their special offers!
Canceling your Photoshop subscription is easier than you might expect. Whether you’re unsubscribing from the Creative Cloud or individual app subscriptions, the process is intuitive. Both options allow you to change your plan or cancel from within Adobe’s website.
As you can see, ending your subscription doesn’t have to be a long, drawn-out process. We hope you found this guide helpful and that you’re now able to easily end your Photoshop subscription. Do remember that Adobe offers free trials and special deals that you may find appealing, so be sure to check them out before making any decisions.