Is It Time to Cancel Your Sling TV Subscription?
Have you been considering whether or not it’s time to cancel your Sling TV subscription? If so, you’re not alone. Many people are faced with this decision when they don’t feel they are getting enough value out of their yearly fee.
Before canceling, it’s a good idea to ask yourself some questions so that you can make an informed decision. Consider if the cost of your subscription outweighs the benefits that you get from it, such as streaming access and on-demand content. Do you have access to all the channels that were promised? Are there other competing services that offer more compelling packages?
These are all important factors in deciding whether or not it makes sense for you to cancel your Sling TV subscription. Once you have weighed these factors and taken a hard look at if Sling is worth the price tag, then you can make an informed decision about whether it’s time for you to say goodbye.
- Is It Time to Cancel Your Sling TV Subscription?
- How to Cancel From Your Sling Account
- How to Cancel From the Sling TV App
- How to Cancel From a Web Browser
- Canceling Your Account Through Chat or Phone
- What Happens Once You’ve Canceled Your Subscription?
How to Cancel From Your Sling Account
Canceling your Sling TV subscription is easy to do. Here are the steps you need to follow to cancel directly from your Sling account:
- Log in to your Sling TV account on a browser.
- Navigate to the Account page, and select “Change Subscription”.
- Select “Cancel Subscription” and go through the prompts until you see “Final Review”.
- Confirm by selecting “Cancel Subscription” once again and follow any additional instructions that appear on the screen.
5- You’ll then receive a confirmation that the cancelation was successful and your subscription will be canceled at the end of the current billing period or cycle.
That’s all there is to it! By following these steps, you’ll find that it takes only a few moments out of your day to cancel a subscription from your Sling TV account easily and conveniently!
How to Cancel From the Sling TV App
Canceling your Sling TV subscription from the app is effortless. All it takes is a few taps, and you’re good to go. Follow these simple steps to cancel your Sling TV subscription:
- Open the Sling TV app on your device, and sign in with your username and password.
- Select the “Account” menu at the top of the screen, and click on “Subscriptions” from the list of options.
- Scroll down to the “Cancel Subscription” section, then click on “Click here to cancel”. You’ll be asked to confirm that you want to proceed with canceling your subscription.
- You’ll then be asked for a reason for canceling your subscription — any option you select is fine — and then click on “Continue Cancelation” when you’re done.
- Lastly, you can write a review about Sling TV if you’d like, then click on “Submit & Cancel Subscription”. That’s it! Your subscription will be canceled successfully!
How to Cancel From a Web Browser
Canceling your Sling TV subscription is easy from any web browser. All you have to do is:
- Log in to your account, and select the ‘Account’ tab from the main menu
- Choose the ‘My Services and Subscriptions’ option, then select “Cancel” next to your subscription
- You will be directed to a cancelation page with a few options for completing the process
- You can choose a refund or billing credit if applicable, and you can also provide feedback about your cancelation experience
- Once you confirm, your subscription will be canceled and you will no longer be billed
That’s all there is to it! Once you’ve completed these steps, you’ll receive an email confirming that your subscription has been canceled successfully. It’s that easy!
Canceling Your Account Through Chat or Phone
The third and final method you can use to cancel your Sling TV subscription is by calling or chatting with customer service.
Chatting with Customer Service
You can initiate a chat with customer service from the Sling TV website—just select “Chat Now” from the Contact Us page. A customer service representative will then help you cancel your subscription. When chatting, make sure to provide them with the following information:
- Your account email address
- Your Sling TV username
- The reason why you want to cancel
- Your contact information in case there are any issues
Calling Customer Service
You can also call Sling TV customer service at 1-888-363-7363, which operates between 9 am and 1 am eastern time, seven days a week. When calling, have the same information ready as you would when chatting—your account email address, username, reason for cancelation and contact information.
What Happens Once You’ve Canceled Your Subscription?
So now that you know how to cancel your Sling TV subscription—what happens once you’ve done it?
The main difference between canceling your Sling TV subscription and other streaming services is that Sling TV won’t charge you any penalties for canceling. You will, however, lose access to any content you previously watched, unless it requires a separate purchase.
When you cancel, you’ll be asked if you’d like to keep your DVR recordings. If you decide to keep them, they will be accessible until the end of the grace period.The grace period gives you time to watch recorded shows with no additional charges. After the grace period ends (typically one billing cycle), any recordings that are still in your account will automatically be deleted.
You can also choose to keep your account active during the grace period after cancelation. This allows you to watch the most recently aired episodes of shows even though the service has been canceled. However, this feature may be subject to additional fees and can only be used for a limited amount of time.
Keep in mind that once your subscription is officially canceled from Sling TV, if you would like to reactivate it later on there will be an additional fee added depending on the service plan and availability at the time of reactivation.