Have you been battling your way through raids trying to catch the legendary Mewtwo in Pokémon Go? As one of the most powerful Pokémon ever, Mewtwo is a tough one to snag. But don’t worry, we’ve got some tips to increase your chances and finally add Mewtwo to your Pokédex. You’ve trained hard, traveled far and wide, and built up a killer battle team – now is the time to put it all to the test. When that Egg hatches and Mewtwo emerges to battle, you’ll be ready. Keep reading to learn how to catch this elusive and iconic Pokémon before it disappears again. The hunt is on!
Participate in EX Raids to Battle and Catch Mewtwo
To catch the legendary Pokémon Mewtwo, you’ve got to receive an invitation to an EX Raid. EX Raids are special invite-only raids that feature rare and powerful Pokémon like Mewtwo. Here are a few tips to increase your chances of getting invited to an EX Raid and catching Mewtwo:
Make sure you’re at least level 35. EX Raids are only available to high-level trainers, so get out there and grind until you reach level 35 or higher.
- Battle at EX Raid eligible gyms. EX Raids only take place at select gyms, usually in parks or sponsored locations. Battle in raids at as many eligible gyms as possible to maximize your chances of getting an invite.
- Raid frequently. The more you raid, the more likely you are to get invited to an EX Raid. Try to raid at least 1-2 times per day, especially at EX Raid gyms.
- Build up your gym badges. Having a high gym badge level at EX Raid gyms also increases your chances of getting an invite. Battle and defend gyms to level up your gym badges.
- Pay attention to your in-game notifications. EX Raid invites will appear as in-game notifications, so keep an eye out for a message saying you’ve been invited to an EX Raid. The invite will provide details on the EX Raid location, date, and time.
- Show up! Make sure you arrive at the EX Raid location at least 10-15 minutes before the start time. Look for the EX Raid egg on top of the gym. Work with other trainers to defeat Mewtwo and you’ll have the opportunity to catch it!
With determination and persistence, you can get invited to an EX Raid and catch the legendary Mewtwo. Keep raiding, leveling up, and battling at EX Raid gyms—your chance at catching this rare and powerful Pokémon will come!
Check Your Nearby Gyms Regularly
To catch the legendary Pokémon Mewtwo, you’ll need to keep a close eye on gyms near you. Mewtwo only appears in raids at EX Raid Gyms, which are selected gyms that meet certain criteria. The good news is, Niantic frequently rotates which gyms are EX Raid Gyms, so you’ve got a shot at one near you becoming eligible.
Check the gyms around you daily to see if any have the EX Raid tag. If one does, make that gym your new best friend. Battle at that gym as much as possible, especially on EX Raid days. Place high-level defenders in the gym to hold it for your team for long periods. All of this activity at the gym increases your chances of receiving an EX Raid pass.
EX Raid passes go out a few days before the raid, so if you get one, clear your schedule! Mewtwo is one of the toughest Legendaries, and you’ll want as many high-level players as possible to beat it. Arrive at the EX Raid early and team up with other trainers at the gym. Consider creating a private group so you have better control over who joins the raid.
With the right gym activity, an EX Raid pass in hand, and a solid crew of trainers by your side, you’ll be catching Mewtwo in no time. Keep trying – it can take repeated attempts for the opportunity to actually capture this powerful Legendary Pokémon. But once you do, all that hard work will have paid off, and you’ll have one of the strongest Pokémon in Pokémon Go!
Build Up Your Pokémon Go Gym Badges
To catch the legendary Pokémon Mewtwo, you need to prove yourself as a dedicated Pokémon Go trainer. One way to do that is by earning Gym Badges at PokéStops and Gyms.
Build Up Your Badge Collection
As you interact with Gyms and PokéStops, you’ll start earning Gym Badges to show your dedication. The more Badges you collect, the higher your Badge level will become for that Gym. Reach higher Badge levels by battling, raiding, trading Pokémon, and spinning the Photo Disk at PokéStops.
- Battle at the Gym to earn the Battle Badge. Defeat Pokémon stationed at the Gym to increase your Badge level.
- Complete raids at the Gym to earn the Raid Badge. Higher raid levels mean a higher Badge level.
- Trade Pokémon who were caught at that Gym to earn the Trade Badge. More trades equal a higher Badge level.
- Spin the Photo Disk at the Gym’s PokéStop to earn the Check-In Badge. Check in often to level up the Badge.
The higher your Badge levels, the more likely rare Pokémon like Mewtwo will appear. Mewtwo frequently shows up in EX Raids, which are invite-only raids unlocked only by achieving a high enough Gym Badge level. So get out there and battle, raid, trade, and spin those PokéStops to build up your Badge collection and get access to EX Raids. With some dedication, you’ll be catching Mewtwo in no time!
Other tips to increase your chances of encountering Mewtwo:
- Make sure your trainer level is 35 or higher. Higher level trainers are more likely to receive EX Raid invites.
- Have a powerful battle team with strong Pokémon and moves. You’ll need the best of the best to defeat Mewtwo!
- Pay attention to gyms that frequently hold EX Raids. These gyms are more likely to host Mewtwo raids.
With the right Gym Badge levels, a high trainer level, and powerful Pokémon by your side, Mewtwo will be yours. Keep at it and stay dedicated – that elusive legendary Pokémon will be caught before you know it!
Make Sure You Have a Raid Pass Before the EX Raid Begins
To catch the legendary Pokémon Mewtwo, you’ll first need to get an invitation to an EX Raid Battle. This is a special invite-only raid where you’ll have the chance to catch Mewtwo. To get an invite, you’ll need to do regular raids at gyms that host EX Raids. The more raids you do, the higher your chances of getting selected for an EX Raid.
Make Sure You Have a Raid Pass Before the EX Raid Begins
Once you get your invite for the EX Raid, the clock starts ticking. You’ll only have a few days to prepare to battle Mewtwo. The first thing you need is a Raid Pass. This can be a Premium Raid Pass or a regular Raid Pass. If it’s your first EX Raid, you’ll be given a free Raid Pass to use. Make sure you receive the Raid Pass in your Items bag before the EX Raid begins.
- Check the details in the EX Raid invite to see the exact date and time the raid will start.
- Open your Items bag and look for the free Raid Pass. It will have the word “EX” on it.
- If you don’t see the free EX Raid Pass, you may need to restart the Pokémon Go app to refresh the data.
- As a last resort, you can contact Pokémon Go support to report any issues receiving your free Raid Pass. They should be able to add one to your account before the EX Raid begins.
With your EX Raid Pass in hand, you’re ready to take on Mewtwo! Be sure to show up a few minutes early to the gym location specified in your invite. Look for the large group of fellow trainers who were also invited to the EX Raid. You’ll need to work together with at least 5-20 other trainers to defeat Mewtwo. Once defeated, you’ll have a chance to catch Mewtwo and add this legendary Pokémon to your collection!
Good luck trainer! With some preparation and teamwork, you’ll be well on your way to catching the rare and powerful Mewtwo. Let the battle begin!
Prepare to Battle Mewtwo – Form Your Best Battle Team
Choose Your Best Pokémon
When preparing to battle and catch Mewtwo, you’ll want to assemble a team of your strongest Pokémon with a variety of types. Some recommended Pokémon include:
- Tyranitar – A Rock/Dark type with high CP and stats ideal for battling Mewtwo.
- Gengar – A Ghost/Poison type that resists Mewtwo’s Psychic moves.
- Scizor – A Bug/Steel type that also resists Psychic moves and deals super effective damage.
- Mew – A rare and powerful Psychic type that can match Mewtwo.
- Dragonite – A popular Dragon type with high CP to deal damage.
You’ll want Pokémon over 3000 CP if possible. Make sure they have the best movesets for their types as well. TM’s and charged TM’s can help you get the right moves if needed. A balanced team with a variety of types will give you the best chance at defeating Mewtwo.
Power Up and Revive Your Team
Before battling Mewtwo, power up your Pokémon as much as possible to maximize their CP and stats. This will make them more formidable opponents to Mewtwo. You’ll also want to stock up on potions, revives, and max revives in case any of your Pokémon faint during battle. Mewtwo is one of the most difficult raid bosses, so your Pokémon will take a lot of damage. Be prepared to revive and heal them in between attempts.
Dodge and Switch Out
The key to beating Mewtwo is to dodge its charged attacks like Psychic and Focus Blast, while also switching out Pokémon that are low on health or at a type disadvantage. Pay close attention during the battle to Mewtwo’s attack animations so you know when to dodge. And don’t be afraid to switch in a new Pokémon with full health and a better type matchup. Using these techniques, even high-level players can defeat Mewtwo with a team of optimal counters.
With the right team and strategy, you’ll be ready to start battling Mewtwo and working to finally catch this legendary Pokémon! Keep at it—it may take multiple attempts but will be well worth it.