Are you looking for a way to factory reset your Motorola phone? There are many reasons why someone may need to do a factory reset on their device, such as if they’re experiencing slow performance, errors, or viruses. Whatever the reason may be, this guide will provide step-by-step instructions on how to perform a successful factory reset of your Motorola phone. With just a few clicks of your finger, you can easily restore your device back to its original settings and enjoy all the benefits that come with it. Read on to learn more!
Which data will be erased from my phone?
When you do a factory reset on your Motorola phone, all of the personal data and settings that have been saved on the device will be erased. This includes photos, videos, music, contacts, messages, call logs, browser history, system settings and more. It’s important to note that if any of these items were stored on an external memory card or cloud storage service (such as Google Drive), they won’t be affected by the factory reset.
Factory Reset Motorola Phone from Settings
- Go to Phone Settings, and click System.
- Tap on Advanced.
- Select Reset.
- Tap Factory Data Reset and then Reset Phone.
Your Motorola phone will restart and begin the factory data reset process. Depending on how much data is stored on your device, this may take a few minutes to complete. Once it’s finished, your device will be restored back to its original settings and you’ll be ready to start fresh with a new setup. Factory Reset Motorola Phone Using Hardware ButtonsIf you can’t access your phone’s Settings menu for some reason, there is another way to perform a factory reset; using hardware buttons. To do so: Turn off your phone and wait for a few seconds press and hold the Volume Down button and Power button at the same time until the Boot Options screen appears using the Volume buttons, select Recovery
External Factory Reset
Can’t access your phone’s menu? Don’t worry, you can still perform a factory reset from the outside.
- Be sure to charge your battery by at least 30%.
- Power off the Phone.
- Press and Hold the Power + Volume Down button simultaneously until the phone powers back on.
- Press and Hold the Volume Down button until you see the Recovery mode.
- Press the Power button, the phone will restart in recovery mode.
- Use the Volume Up/Down button to navigate and select wipe data/factory reset
- Scroll to Factory Data Reset using the volume buttons and press the power button to select it.
- Navigate to Reboot Systemt now with volume buttons and press the power button to select it.
Once the factory reset is complete, your device will be restored back to its original state and you can start setting it up again.