Losing your Apple Pencil can be a real hassle, but never fear – with the right tricks up your sleeve you’ll have it found in no time.
Apple Pencil is a small, delicate instrument that is easily misplaced or forgotten in the hustle and bustle of everyday life. If you’ve recently found yourself without your trusty Apple Pencil, don’t despair! There are several methods to track down your lost device – from using specialized software to proactive searching and detective work, there’s sure to be a method that will help you locate your lost Apple Pencil. In this blog post, we’ll explain how to find a lost Apple Pencil with detailed steps and tips for every step of the process.
Use your iPad’s Bluetooth
If you’re still logged into your Apple account on the iPad that you paired with the Pencil, it may be as simple as checking Bluetooth settings to locate the missing Pencil. Open up iPad’s Bluetooth settings and look for the pencil under “My Devices”. If the pencil shows up, you can proceed with pairing it again and start using your device. Note that you should be within 30 feet of your Pencil for a successful connection.
Download Bluetooth Finder App
If your Apple Pencil isn’t showing up in Bluetooth settings, you may have to take a more proactive approach with the Find My app. This specialized app allows users to view their location history as well as use several different tracking methods such as “Play Sound” or “Mark As Lost”. Make sure that you have enabled “Find My Apple Pencil” on the iPad before trying this method – otherwise, all of these features won’t be available. Once you have the app installed and set up, simply use the “Play Sound” feature to locate your Pencil. The App is available to download on Apple Store for $4.99.
Check Commonly-Misplaced Areas
Sometimes the best way to find a lost item is by thinking about it! If you remember where you last used or saw your Pencil, try retracing your steps in that area and look for any places it could have been left behind – such as coffee tables, desks, countertops, etc. It’s also a good idea to check areas like between couch cushions or under furniture if possible – often an object can slip out of sight without us noticing!
Contact Apple Support for more tips
If all else fails and you’re still unable to locate your Apple Pencil, the best course of action is to contact Apple’s customer support team. They will be able to provide you with additional tips and tricks that can help you find your lost device.
How to prevent losing your Apple Pencil
As the saying goes, prevention is better than cure! To avoid losing your Apple Pencil in the future, use these tips and tricks.
- It’s a good idea to create a habit of keeping it stored in a safe place at all times.
- You can purchase specialized cases or holders specifically designed for the Apple Pencil that will help keep it safe and secure while not in use.
- It’s also a good idea to regularly check the iPad settings to make sure that “Find My Apple Pencil” is enabled – this way you can quickly track it down should you ever misplace it again.
- Finally, simply remember where you’ve put it every time you take it out – this may sound obvious but often small items like pens and pencils are
- Attach a GPS, you don’t have to worry about the battery running out or even taking a nap; this modern tracking wonder works without fail.
- Keep your Apple Pencil charged, the App and Bluetooth tracking method will only work if Pencil has battery life.