- What Is YouTube Music?
- How to Unsubscribe From YouTube Music
- How to Turn Off the Auto-Renewal Feature in YouTube Music
- How to Cancel a YouTube Music Premium Account
- Canceling a Family Plan on YouTube Music
- FAQs on Canceling a YouTube Music Subscription
What Is YouTube Music?
YouTube Music is a streaming music service that provides access to millions of songs from established and up-and-coming artists. It also includes access to official music videos, live concert performances, and more. Whether you’re looking for something new or rediscovering an old favorite, YouTube Music has it all.
With YouTube Music, you can access your music library across devices and platforms, so you can listen no matter where you are. You can even create custom playlists to share or keep private, or listen to personalized radio stations based on your tastes and moods. YouTube Music comes with a free membership as well as premium options with added benefits.
How to Unsubscribe From YouTube Music
Canceling your YouTube Music subscription takes just a few clicks. Here’s how to do it quickly and easily:
- Open the YouTube Music app and select the hamburger icon (the three horizontal lines) in the top-left corner of your screen.
- On the left-hand side, tap on “Settings”.
- Scroll down and tap on “Paid memberships”.
- Select “Manage membership” and then select “Cancel membership” at the bottom of this page to confirm cancelation.
Once completed, you will no longer be charged a monthly fee by YouTube Music and can continue using the service until the end of your current billing period before your subscription ends completely. Thanks for giving YouTube Music a try!
How to Turn Off the Auto-Renewal Feature in YouTube Music
If you’re looking to cancel your YouTube Music subscription, the first thing you need to do is turn off the auto-renewal feature. This will prevent YouTube Music from automatically renewing your subscription when it expires, and can be easily done in a few steps.
Here’s how to turn off auto-renewal for YouTube Music:
- Access the Subscriptions and services page in your Google Account.
- Select Manage next to YouTube Music from the list of subscriptions and services.
- Select Cancel subscription at the bottom of the page, which will take you to the “Cancel my service” page.
- Read through information about what will happen after you cancel your subscription—like losing access to Google Play Music—and select Cancel subscription again when you’re sure you want to proceed.
- Finally, select Done on the confirmation page, and you’re good to go! The auto-renewal feature has been successfully disabled and your subscription won’t renew once it expires.
How to Cancel a YouTube Music Premium Account
Canceling a YouTube Music Premium account is easy and quick. You have two options: you can cancel your account right now, or you can try canceling your account through the app.
If you’re ready to cancel your YouTube Music Premium account now, no problem. Just head over to the YouTube Music settings page on a desktop computer, click ‘Account’ and select ‘Cancel membership.’
If you’d rather cancel your account through the app, head over to your ‘Settings’ tab and tap on ‘Membership.’ From there, tap on ‘Cancel Membership’ and tap the confirmation button to finalize the cancelation.
Once you do either of these options, your subscription will be canceled immediately and your access to YouTube Music Premium will end after that month’s billing cycle has ended.
Canceling a Family Plan on YouTube Music
Canceling a family plan on YouTube Music is as simple as following a few steps. To cancel your family plan on YouTube Music, first open the app. Then, select the profile icon in the upper right corner followed by “Settings” and “Membership.” You will then be presented with the option to “Cancel Membership.”
Once you choose to cancel the membership, a window will appear that prompts you to confirm your choice by selecting “Yes, I want to cancel my membership and end this subscription.” Just like that, your family plan is canceled and you are no longer billed each month!
You can also cancel from your computer by visiting YouTube Music’s website and following these same steps. It’s that easy!
FAQs on Canceling a YouTube Music Subscription
We know you have questions about canceling YouTube Music, so here are a few of the most frequently asked ones.
How Do I Unsubscribe from YouTube Music?
Subscribing to a YouTube Music Premium or YouTube Premium subscription is easy. Just fire up the Google Play Store app on your Android device, select the menu icon at the top left, select Subscriptions, and find the YouTube Premium or YouTube Music Premium subscription you want to cancel. Tap Cancel and follow any additional instructions.
What Happens When I Cancel My Subscription?
When you cancel your subscription, access to ad-free music, downloads and other features on YouTube Music will be stopped immediately. Your subscription won’t be active again until you go through the resubscription process.
Will I Have Access To The Music I Downloaded When My Subscription Expires?
You will not have access to any music that you downloaded when your subscription expires. However, if you resubscribe to a service plan in the future, any music that was previously downloaded under that plan will become available again for streaming or download.
Sometimes it’s necessary to cancel your YouTube Music subscription—and we get it! Following these simple steps makes unsubscribing a breeze so you can go back to listening stress-free and ad-free!