An Apple watch is a great accessory for anyone who wants to stay up to date on the latest news and notifications. However, there are times when you don’t want your device to make any sound and you need to know how to silence it.
There are several ways to silence your Apple Watch, from using the on-screen controls to using the Do Not Disturb mode. You can also customize what kinds of sounds you want your Apple Watch to make and which ones you want it to stay quiet.
This guide will show you how to use these features, as well as some other tips and tricks that can help you keep your Apple watch silent when you don’t want it making a noise. With this knowledge, you’ll be able to pick the right settings for any situation.
How to Turn Off Audible Alerts
Your Apple Watch can be a great tool for keeping you organized and connected, but when it’s constantly buzzing and chiming with every incoming message, it can also become a major distraction. Fortunately, you can easily adjust your settings to reduce—or totally turn off—the audible alerts on your Apple Watch.
To begin, press and hold the side button of your watch until you see the Power Off screen. Then, drag the slider at the bottom of the screen to the right in order to power off your watch. Next, press and hold the side button again until you see an Apple logo appear.
Finally, on your paired iPhone (or iPad), go to “Settings,” tap “Sounds & Haptics,” scroll down below “Sound Effects” and select either “None” to make all audible alerts silent or “Prominent” to dim how loud they sound. You’ll now enjoy some serenity from your Apple Watch!
How to Adjust the Sound and Haptic Alerts
Sometimes you need to silence your Apple Watch while leaving all of the other features and settings intact. Here’s how:
- Open the Settings app on the watch.
- Select Sounds & Haptics.
- Under “Alert Volume,” you’ll see a slider that allows you to adjust the loudness of alerts from “off” at the far left, up to full volume at the far right. Tap it to adjust it to your desired level, or just drag it directly within the slider bar itself.
- You can also toggle off/on haptic alerts under “Haptic Strength.” This is a good setting if you want your notifications to be silent but still feel a vibration on your wrist when an alert comes in.
- When you finish making any adjustments, press the Digital Crown on your Apple Watch and select the “Done” option in order to save your changes.
Setting Up Do Not Disturb Mode
You can set up Do Not Disturb Mode, also known as DND, to quickly silence your Apple Watch without having to manually turn off each individual notification. Setting up DND is easy and ensures that you won’t be disturbed by any incoming notifications when you don’t want to be.
Here’s how to do it:
- Open the Apple Watch app on your phone and go to the ‘My Watch’ tab.
- Select ‘Do Not Disturb’ from the list of options.
- Toggle on the Do Not Disturb switch at the top of the page.
- You can customize how long DND should stay active for by setting a duration from 1 hour to Until Evening or All Day, or choose Custom from the selection of options to set start and end times for when you want DND mode activated.
- You can also toggle on Scheduled which will allow you to select specific days and times when you would prefer not to be disturbed by notifications on your watch (e.g., during work or school hours).
- Finally, tap ‘Done’ at the upper right-hand corner in order to save your settings and activate Do Not Disturb Mode on your Apple Watch!
How to Use Theater Mode
If you want to ensure your Apple Watch display and any notifications are silenced but still allow you to track your fitness activities, then Theater Mode is the ideal option for you. This mode is especially useful when attending a meeting, movie or any other setting where you need to be discreet about checking your watch.
To enable Theater Mode:
- Swipe up from the bottom of the watch face to open Control Center.
- Tap on the theater mask icon located at the center of the Control Center.
- Now, incoming alerts and notifications will be silenced, keeping your screen dark until you decide to wake it up manually.
- To disable theater mode, simply repeat step 2 and 3 to turn it off.
How to Use Nightstand Mode
Apple Watch’s Nightstand mode is designed to help you use your watch while it’s charging in a convenient location. To access this mode, you’ll need to do the following:
- Place your Apple Watch in its charger and plug it into a power source.
- Hold down the Digital Crown and side button until you see the Apple logo on the display.
- Your watch will enter Nightstand Mode, and you can now use it without fear of silence!
When in this mode, your Apple Watch won’t be silenced when you raise your wrist or tap the screen. You can view notifications and control audio playback from any app – like music, audiobooks, or podcasts – without interruption. And if you have Sleep Mode enabled, all notifications will be silenced during that time, even if Nightstand Mode is enabled.
Using Nightstand mode is a great way to stay connected while charging your Apple Watch conveniently at night!
Tips for Reducing Unnecessary Noise From Your Apple Watch
Once you’ve adjusted your settings and notifications, you can employ a few tips to further reduce noise coming from your Apple Watch. As with any device, it’s important to maintain and protect it to ensure it runs the best that it can.
While the battery life of an Apple Watch is impressive, its performance will depend on how it is maintained. Regularly check for dirt, dust and debris as this could affect battery life and performance. It’s also important to keep up with software updates as these often bring new features and bug fixes.
Protect Your Screen
If you’re using your Apple Watch for sports or activities, consider investing in a protective screen guard or case that keeps your watch safe from dirt, water, and other elements. Doing so will help to keep your watch in good working condition for longer while reducing unnecessary noise emanating from its speakers.
Keep It Away From Loud Environments
If possible, try to avoid placing your Apple Watch in loud environments such as concert venues or bars as these areas can produce considerable noise that could interfere with the speakers of your watch. If you do find yourself in one of these circumstances, try turning down the volume on your watch or using headphones instead.
With a few simple steps, you can quickly and easily silence your Apple Watch. Whether you are silencing it to reserve battery life or just to get some peace and quiet, there are a variety of options to suit your needs. From using the silent switch, to enabling Do Not Disturb mode, or using Theater Mode, you can quickly and easily silence your Apple Watch.