Steps to unhide a Song on Spotify
- Open up your Spotify app and find the hidden song you want to unhide
- Right-click (or press and hold) on the hidden song and select “Unhide Song”
- Confirm by clicking “Unhide” when prompted
- If you want to unhide multiple songs, right click (or press and hold) on one of them, go to “Select Songs” at the bottom of the list, and then check each of them in turn before pressing Unhide at the end
- Once all songs have been successfully unhidden, they will now be visible in your playlists or radios as well as in other people’s recommendations.
How to Unhide Multiple Songs at Once
Sometimes you might want to unhide multiple songs at once, instead of scrolling through your Spotify library and unhiding them one by one. Fortunately, it’s easy to do—just follow these steps:
- Go to “Your Library”: Open the left sidebar in Spotify and click on “Your Library.”
- Select “Songs”: Under the “Your Library” tab, select “Songs.”
- Click on “Filters”: At the top of the page, click on the three lines next to the search bar, then select “Filters.”
- Select “Unhide Songs & Podcasts…”: Scroll down and select the option for “Unhide Songs & Podcasts…” This will bring up a list of all your hidden songs.
- Select Multiple Songs: Select as many songs as you want from the list (or click on “select all”) and then click on “unhide.” Your songs will be un-hidden and will now appear in Your Library again!
How to Make a Song Visible Again
Sometimes, when you’re listening to a song on Spotify and decide that you want to hide it from your music library or playlists, things don’t always work out as planned. Instead of the song disappearing, it can become ‘unavailable for playback’, or simply hidden on Spotify.
Fortunately, restoring songs to their former glory is simple. All you have to do is follow these steps:
- Open Spotify and go to the “Library” tab.
- Tap “Songs” or “Playlists” depending on which one contains the hidden track you want to unhide.
- Next, select the “Hidden Songs” folder.
- Find your track among the list of hidden songs and press the three dots next to it.
- Select “Unhide Song” from the pop-up menu and it will be restored to its original playlist or location in your library!
That’s all there is to it – now you know how easy it is to unhide a song on Spotify if you ever need to!
What Does a “Hidden” Song Actually Mean?
Have you ever encountered a “Hidden song” on Spotify? You might be wondering what it means to hide a song, and how exactly you can unhide it.
What Does It Mean to Hide a Song on Spotify?
When a song is hidden, it doesn’t appear in the public playlists or radios, your friends can’t see it when they look through your profile, nor will they receive suggestions of any sort. It’s effectively as if the track doesn’t exist in the platform – so if you have your eyes set on a favorite hidden track of yours, follow the steps below to find out how you can unhide it and make it accessible once again.
Reasons to Unhide a Song on Spotify
You might be asking “why would I need to unhide a song on Spotify?” Well, there are a couple of reasons why you might need to do this.
Easily access your favorite music
The main reason to unhide a song is that it makes it easier for you to access your favorite music. Whether you want to share it with a friend or family member or just want to listen to it again, having an unhidden song makes it much simpler and quicker.
Curate the perfect playlist
Another reason why you would want to unhide songs is if you’re creating playlists on Spotify. If you want your playlist to be the perfect collection of music, then it pays off in the long run for you to unhide songs so that they are easily accessible when you need them.
It’s easy enough to do and just takes a few clicks:
- Go into your library tab on Spotify and click “Hidden Songs”
- Choose the song(s) that you want unhidden
- Click the three dots next to each song and select “Unhide”
- The song will now be visible in your Library tab, making them easy to find and add when creating playlists
Now that you know how easy it is, and why it pays off in the long run, there’s no excuse not ever not having access to all your favorite music!
What Happens if You Hide and Unhide Too Many Songs?
You might be wondering what happens if you hide and unhide too many songs on Spotify. The good news is that the only consequence will be that you won’t be able to use the feature for a period of time. Spotify will temporarily restrict your ability to hide and unhide songs after you have done it too often, in order to protect the integrity of their service.
Once your account has been flagged for an excessive number of hides or unhides, do not despair—the restriction is only temporary and users are usually back up and running with access to the Hide/Unhide feature after 48 hours. If after 48 hours your account is still restricted, then you may need to contact Spotify support directly in order to get it sorted out.
Troubleshooting Tips for Unhiding Songs
If you’re unable to unhide a song on Spotify, these troubleshooting tips might help.
Checking your Spotify version
If your version of Spotify is out of date, you might not be able to unhide songs correctly. Make sure you update it to the latest version so that everything runs smoothly.
Logging out and back in
Sometimes, logging out of your account and then logging back in can fix any issues you may be experiencing with hiding songs. This can also help if a song isn’t showing up properly or just isn’t appearing at all.
Contacting customer service
If you are still having problems unhiding songs on Spotify, don’t hesitate to reach out to customer service. They’ll be able to answer any questions or queries you may have and provide further assistance.