With Amazon Music, you have access to millions of songs from all sorts of genres. But if you’re no longer using it or want to switch to a different streaming service, you may decide to cancel your subscription.
Fortunately, canceling an Amazon Music subscription is easy and can be done in just a few steps. We’ve put together this step-by-step guide to help you understand the process so that you can quickly and easily cancel your subscription.
Whether you have a free trial or full membership, we’ll teach you exactly how to go about canceling so that you can say goodbye to Amazon Music with ease.
What Is Amazon Music and How Does It Work?
Amazon Music is a streaming service powered by Amazon, offering access to tens of millions of songs and curated playlists. Through the Amazon Music app, you can listen to your favorite songs on-demand, create personalized playlists and radio stations, and download songs for offline listening. With an Amazon Music subscription, you can stream songs from any device with the Amazon Music app — all ad-free.
Whether you’re an Amazon Prime member or not, you can sign up for an Amazon Music subscription that includes the following features:
- Access to tens of millions of songs
- Personalized radio and curated playlists
- Ability to download music for offline playback
- High-quality audio streaming in crystal clear sound
No matter what kind of music you enjoy listening to, Amazon Music has something for everyone. With a huge selection of both classic hits and new releases, plus tons of curated radio stations and playlists from expert curators, it’s easy to find something perfect for every occasion.
How to Cancel Your Amazon Music Subscription via the Web
Canceling your Amazon Music subscription is surprisingly easy. Follow these steps:
- Log in to your Amazon account and select the “Manage Your Prime Membership” link on the top right corner menu bar.
- On the left-hand side bar, select “Digital Music and Devices”.
- Find the Amazon Music section, then click the “Cancel Amazon Music Unlimited” button.
- Review your cancelation details and click “Confirm Cancelation.”
- You will receive an email confirming that you have successfully canceled your subscription.
Once you complete this process, you will no longer be charged for the service after your current subscription period ends. If you wish to reactivate your subscription at any time, simply log into your account and select “Sign Up for Amazon Music Unlimited” from the Digital Music and Devices page of your account settings.
How to Cancel Your Amazon Music Unlimited Subscription via the Web
Canceling your Amazon Music Unlimited subscription via the web is easy. Here’s a step-by-step guide to help you through the process:
- Log into your Amazon account and navigate to the ‘Your Account’ page.
- Scroll down to the ‘Subscribe with Amazon’ section and click on ‘Manage Prime Membership’.
- Click on ‘Manage Your Subscription’ located in the upper right part of the page and select ‘Amazon Music Unlimited’.
- Click on the ‘Cancel Subscription’ button located near the bottom of the page.
- On the pop-up window that appears, select a date when you would like your subscription to end, then click on ‘Continue’.
- To confirm, click on ‘Cancel Subscription’ and you will no longer be charged for Amazon Music Unlimited at that time or in subsequent months or years after that date.
How to Cancel Your Amazon Music Subscription on Android or iOS Devices
You can easily cancel your Amazon Music subscription from the app on your Android or iOS device. Here’s how to do it:
- Open the Amazon Music app on your device and log in.
- Select the account icon at the top of the screen (it looks like a person).
- Tap ‘Subscription Plan’ and then select ‘Cancel Subscription’.
- Confirm that you want to cancel your subscription by selecting ‘Cancel Now’.
Once you have successfully canceled your subscription, you will no longer be charged for Amazon Music, and you will no longer have access to the service after it expires.
What Happens After You Cancel Your Amazon Music Subscription?
Canceling your Amazon Music subscription can be done in just a few steps, but what happens once you’ve done that?
You’ll still have access to your library of songs until the end of your billing cycle. After that, no further payments will be taken from you and you’ll lose access to any titles you may have purchased with your Amazon Music account.
Your Amazon Music library will also be removed from any other devices associated with your account, such as Alexa-enabled devices. However, any downloaded music or songs that were purchased as part of Limited Time Offer bundles will remain available to you for offline listening on those devices.
You’ll also lose access to any exclusive content exclusive you may have had access to with an Amazon Music subscription, such as live events or interviews with celebrities.
Differentiating Between Amazon Music Subscription and Amazon Music Unlimited
Subscribing to Amazon Music and Amazon Music Unlimited each offer different services. It’s important to understand the differences between the two services so you can accurately decide which subscription you want to use.
Amazon Music Subscription
Amazon Music Subscription is an ad-free streaming service and lets you listen to songs from Amazon’s library of more than two million songs, without the need for downloads.
Amazon Music Unlimited
Unlike Amazon Music Subscription, Amazon Music Unlimited is an on-demand streaming service that offers access to more than 50 million songs and thousands of curated playlists. It also includes personalized recommendations for new music and exclusive content.
Once you’ve decided which subscription works best for your listening needs, follow the steps below to cancel your current plan:
All in all, the process of canceling your Amazon Music subscription is relatively straightforward and quick. Just remember to take note of the applicable terms and conditions prior to canceling, and then you can take the necessary steps to remove the subscription. We hope this guide has helped you to quickly and easily cancel your Amazon Music subscription.